Information for Constructing an Approved Wood Fence Style
The following information is in regards to the Wood Fence Style design that was approved at the annual meeting of the LMV HOA January 18th, 2014.
Before you start your fence project:
- Submit a Plan to the board with fence location, property lines, size, gate location and materials
- A completed Fence Building Project Release Form(s) for approval.
Your Plan must include:
- A drawing of where your fence is to be located on your property. All fence construction must abide by the property lines that join any neighboring homeowner's property. See surveyor stakes on your property.
- An approved fence is to be no more than 4, 5 or 6 feet high, constructed according to the Approved Fence Style drawing.
- All fence structures that enclose your back property are required to have a gate of least 3 feet wide, for access due to maintenance and or repairs.
- The homeowner must complete the fence within 30 days of starting the project.
Please refer to Approved Wood Fence Style drawing and the Specifications below.
- 4 X 4 X 8 Posts - Pressured Treated - Cement in place - 2 bags each post
- 2 X 4 X 8 Rails Pressured Treated or Cedar
- 1 X 6 X 6 Fence Boards Pre-stained Clear Finish white wood or Cedar Note: All Cedar must be stained-all sides with a clear natural stain before installation
- 5 X 5 Post Caps Cedar
- Hardware: Nails, Screws, Staples, Rail Clips are to be Galvanized or Rust Resistant example - Deck Mate Screws
- Minimum 2 nails per Fence Board per rail Use Ring type nails - they don't pull out easily
- Fence Board overlap 1/2" Min. 1 1/4" Max
Fence Building Project: Property Access Release Form
I Homeowner "A" ________________________________ address ________________________
would like to build a fence on my property line, please see the attached drawing for layout, fence height and location to property line.
I have notified my neighbor homeowner "B" _______________________________ and he/she has given me permission to have access to his or her side of the property line during construction. I accept responsibility for my contractor and any damage that is caused to my neighbor's property.
I have notified my neighbor homeowner "C" _______________________________ and him/her has given me permission to have access to his or her side of the property line during construction. I accept responsibility for my contractor and any damage that is caused to my neighbor's property.
My contractor is ___________________ phone _____________________
My start date is ___________________.
I will be installing a wood fence 4, 5, or 6, feet high according to submitted plans _____________.
I will be installing a chain link fence 4 feet high according to submitted plans ________________.
My neighbors have reviewed the plans for the fence and location to their property and give me permission to start construction.
I Homeowner A _______________________________________ date ____________
Homeowner B ________________________________________ date ____________
Homeowner C ________________________________________ date ____________
Please sign and keep copy for yourself and give one to the board.